Dawah and Ziarat (D&Z) wing of M/o Religious Affairs & Interfaith Harmony, (RA&IH) deals with Zaireen visits to India, Iran, Iraq and Syria, National Mehfil-e-Shabina, National Hifz-o-Qirat competition. Participation in International Quran competition and attestation of Umrah documents etc.
|Aftab Muhammad Khan
Joint Secretary (Dawah & Ziarat)
+92 51 9215427
Fax: +92 51 9203051
|Muhammad Khan Babar
Deputy Secretary (Dawah & Ziarat)
+92 51 9201379
Fax: +92 51 9203051
Functions of Dawah and Ziarat Wing
1. Ziarat Section
The main functions of the Ziarat Section are as under:
- This Section managed the visit of Pakistani Zaireen to India on the eve of scheduled Urses of prominent Muslim Saints, as per following procedure:
- The press release is issued about the urses.
- Applications for each urses are invited fixing the last date (application form available on the website).
- Balloting is conducted for selection of Zaireen (If required).
- Formulation of Zaireen Management Policy to manage the Ziarat of Iran, Iraq, and Syria.
2. Dawah Section
The Primary function of Dawah Section is to organize National and International Quranic / Qirat Competitions, Mehfil-e-Shabina. Dawah Section also deals with execution of MOUs regarding Islamic Affairs between Government of Pakistan and other countries.
- Organizing an International Hifz-o-Qirat Competition in Pakistan.
- Organization annual Qiyam ul Laiyl Shabina event in coordination with other stakeholders before commencing Ramzan every year.
- Nomination for International Hifz-o-Qirat Competition.
- Selection for the King Faisal Award by the Apex committee as and when called by KSA.
FUNCTIONS OF DAWAH SECTION:-
SELECTION OF HUFFAZ FOR QIYAMUL LAIL / MEHFIL-E-SHABINA
- A Competition for selection of Huffaz for recitation of Holy Quran in Qiyamul Lail is held at Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony every year through video conference or physical wherein Huffaz from all over the country participated. In the said competition, Huffaz are selected by the Judges for Qiyamul Lail / Mehfil-e-Shabina.
- Every Year Qiyamul Lail was organized during the last three nights of Ramddhan-ul-Mubarak wherein selected Huffaz participated and recited the Holy Quran. The event was covered live by Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV).
NATIONAL HIFZ-O-QIRAT COMPETITION
- Every year Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony organized National Hifz-o-Qirat Competition, wherein Huffaz / Qura participated throughout the country nominated / selected by provinces including Armed Forces, Gilgit Baltistan, AJK and ICT in the competition.
INTERNATIONAL QURAN COMPETITION
- Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony recommends nominee from Position holders of the National Hifz-o-Qirat Competition for participating in the International Quran Competition organized in different countries i.e. Dubai, Russia, Turkiye, KSA, Kuwait, Morocco.
SIGNING OF MOUs
- Dawah Section also deals with MoUs received from different foreign countries through Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be executed between Government of Pakistan and other different countries
RECEPTION OF FOREIGN DELEGATION
- Dawah Section also deals with the foreign delegations / coordination meetings / arrange visits of Minister and Religious Scholars / dignitaries to / from abroad regarding Religious matters / afairs
What is National Hifz-o-Qirat Competition?
National Hifz-o-Qirat competition is organized by the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony on yearly basis to encourage the Huffaz / Qurra. The winners of various categories are given cash prizes.
How to participate in the National Hifz-o-Qirat Competition?
In the first stage District level competition are organized by the concerned District Administration and send nomination of top three position holders in each category to their Provincial Authority. Then Provincial level competition are organized by the concerned Provincial Government and nominations of first position holders of each category are conveyed to Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony. Then the Ministry of Religious Affairs arranges the National Hifz-o-Qirat Competition amongst the first position holders of respective province including AJK, GB, ICT and Armed Forces.
There are how many categories in the National Hifz-o-Qirat Competition?
There are 10 different categories of Huffaz / Qurra.
Is there any female category in the National Hifz-o-Qirat Competition?
Yes, there are 04 different categories of females in the competition.
What is the time lines for organizing the competition?
- District Level Competition is held by the mid of Rabi-ul-Awal
- Provincial Level Competition is held by the mid of Jamadi-ul-Awal
- National Level Competition is held by the mid of Shabaan.
What is the amount of prize money for position holders in the National Hifz-o-Qirat Competition?
For each category of National Competition, the amount of prize money for each position is:
- First position 80,000/-
- Second position 60,000/-
- Third position 40,000/-
The winners of National Hifz-o-Qirat Competition are also sent abroad to participate in the International Competitions in accordance with the criteria & number of participants given in the respective invitation letter.
What is Qiyam-ul-Lail / Mehfil-e-Shabina?
Recitation of the Quran during the last nights of Ramadhan.
How to participate in the Qiyam-ul-Lail / Mehfil-e-Shabina?
At the first place the ministry seeks nominations from all Provincial Governments to hold the competition to participate in the Qiyam-ul-Lail / Mehfil-e-Shabina. Position holders of the competition are invited to participate in the Qiyam-ul-Lail / Mehfil-e-Shabina.
How many categories are there in Qiyam-ul-Lail / Mehfil-e-Shabina?
There are no categories. Ministry of Religious Affairs set a quota of all Provincial Governments including ICT, GB and AJK.
How many candidates are selected in the competition?
14 candidates are selected
In which city the Qiyam-ul-Lail / Mehfil-e-Shabina is organized?
There is no specific city. Therefore, the venue /city changes every year, normally.
Does this Ministry facilitate the Huffaz during Qiyam-ul-Lail / Mehfil-e-Shabina?
Yes, accommodation, Food, Air ticket, Taxi charges are provided to all Huffaz of Qiyam-ul-Lail / Mehfil-e-Shabina by the ministry.
Are Huffaz of Qiyam-ul-Lail / Mehfil-e-Shabina presented some gift?
Every Hafiz who has participated in Mehfil-e-Shabina receives a cash amount of Rs.40000/-.
3. Umrah Section
The Umrah Section primarily deals with the attestation of Umrah Tour Operators' contract documents carried out with the KSA. Moreover, the complaints of Umrah Pilgrims received from different quarters are also referred to the concerned Federal or Provincial Department of Tourist Services for resolutions.