After the Post devolution scenario, Interfaith Harmony Wing, Ministry of Religious Affairs & Interfaith Harmony has been mandated the important task of Policy & Legislation with regard Interfaith Harmony, under which the following important tasks are being carried out:-
- Drafting of “National Interfaith Harmony Policy” with consensus of Provincial Governments.
- Enactment of “National Commission for Interfaith Harmony Bill”.
- Re-constitution of “National Commission for Minorities” with the approval of Federal Cabinet ([11-May-2020][Amended on 20-Jan-2022]).
- Holding of “Interfaith Harmony Conferences” to promote Interfaith Culture, throughout the country.
- Celebration of Minorities Day, to recognize the contribution of religious minorities towards nation building.
- Celebration of religious functions of minorities, to promote understanding and harmony among all segments of society.
- Mainstreaming of Minorities through Minorities Welfare Fund, under which “Small Development Schemes” are carried out for the repair/maintenance of the religious / worship places of minorities, “Financial Assistance” is extended to the poor segments of minorities and “Scholarships” are granted to minorities students on merit basis.
- Looking after religious places of Sikhs and Hindus in the Country and providing facilities to Yatrees visiting these places, through “Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB)”, an Autonomous Organization.
- Constitution of Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (PSGPC) to facilitate the Sikh yatrees coming from India and across the world on their religious festivals in Pakistan, to visits their sacred places of worship.
- Promotion of Religious Tourism through
- Opening of Shewala Teja Mandir and Gurdwara Choa Sahib Jehlum for the members of Minorities, to improve Pakistan’s image as Minority friendly country.
- Filling up of Amer Kund (Holy Water) at Katas Raj in which Supreme Court of Pakistan took Suo Moto notice four years ago.
- Holding of 550th birthday celebration of Baba Guru Nanak.
- Hosting of more than 60,000/- yatrees from across the world.
- Opening of historical Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib Corridor and its operationalization for Sikh community from around the world.
- Printing and distribution of Books & other promotional material on Sikh & Hindu Heritage in Pakistan through Foreign Missions for promotion of religious tourism.
- Initiation of Baba Guru Nanak Scholarship for deserving talented student from Hindu & Sikh community.